Student Council

Sarah Daw

Elise Djagba talks about her plans for junior core this year.

Sarah Daw, staff

Our Student Council here at Judge gives students the opportunity to develop leadership by planning events that bring up school spirit and community welfare. StuCo is the voice of the entire student body.

“We plan on building a more just society across Judge by making sure that people feel welcomed into our community as well as making sure the people’s voices are heard,” junior core member Elise Djagba said.

StuCo is a club that works to make sure that our student body feels heard and involved in the Judge community. They plan fun activities and events such as Homecoming and Diversity Week so that students have something fun to look forward to. Although they work to make sure the students here at Judge are having fun at school, they also make sure that we are feeling welcomed at school.

StuCo has weekly meetings where they address issues within our judge community such as bullying, racial jokes and more. They work to make sure that this is an inclusive environment that strives to accept all students. If you ever have any concerns talk to a StuCo member, they’ll be sure to help since that is what they are here for. The student body elects representatives from their class each year.

These people, like Elise. are here to build a better community at Judge.

“The thing that interested me most about joining student council,” Djagba said, “was being able to make change across our Judge community.”