The Student News Site of Judge Memorial Catholic High School

Bulldog Press

Bulldog Press

Bulldog Press

Recent Results
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
1
Manti
2
May 4 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
6
Delta
0
May 1 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
7
Providence Hall
0
Apr 23 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
8
Summit Academy
0
Apr 19 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
2
Juan Diego
1
Apr 16 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
1
Providence Hall
0
Apr 12 / Boys Soccer
Instagram
X
https://twitter.com/thebulldogpress

Are Judge Students in Tune or Out of Tune?

This past week, I went around the Judge campus and interviewed students on their musical taste and knowledge of some classics. I interviewed various students interested in all kinds of music, from Queen to Kanye West.

I interviewed nine students, some of whom shared similar perspectives on the musical world. The most common artists I heard about were Tyler The Creator and Kanye West, with some similar artists, Travis Scott and Drake, mentioned once or twice.

Tahj Cole, a sophomore at Judge, was one of the students I got to know through his music taste. He chose Tyler The Creator and had some pretty. vivid opinions about the rapper, “He’s just a fantastic, creative, and black young mind; I think it’s amazing.” Cole thinks he is excellent, which would be hardly opposed by most other people in the school.

However, not all favorite artists were rappers and primary singers; in particular, Christopher Hasratian praised a top-rated band, but not usually for our generation. That group was the infamous Queen, led by singer Freddie Mercury.

In addition to learning about Judge students’ musical preferences, I also quizzed them on their knowledge of some older but trendy bands, ACDC, and The Beatles. Most people unsurprisingly knew who the Beatles were but had trouble naming a song of theirs. However, when people knew the band, the band’s most well-known song was Black Bird, released in 1968.

However, it was the opposite for the other band in question, ACDC. Most didn’t know them, but they could easily rattle off two or three songs when people did. And to no surprise, the two most prominent songs students knew were Back in Black and Thunderstruck, released in 1980 and 1990.