The Student News Site of Judge Memorial Catholic High School

Bulldog Press

Bulldog Press

Bulldog Press

Recent Results
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
1
Manti
2
May 4 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
6
Delta
0
May 1 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
7
Providence Hall
0
Apr 23 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
8
Summit Academy
0
Apr 19 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
2
Juan Diego
1
Apr 16 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
1
Providence Hall
0
Apr 12 / Boys Soccer
Instagram
X
https://twitter.com/thebulldogpress

Catalina Trip

Dasch Houdeshel
Students taking the ferry to Catalina Island

The trip to Catalina Island is one that I would never forget. Although traveling to the island was grueling because we had to fly into LAX, it was worth it. When w arrived, we met our counselors, and set up in our cabins. We did a lot of activities, including snorkeling, kayaking, and hiking.  We saw many spectacles in the kelp forests, including a seal and a starfish. The ocean was cold, but the sights we saw made me forget about it. While kayaking, I saw a Bald Eagle and an Albino Dolphin, the only one in Southern California. We learned about the ocean and the effects Climate Change has on it. Some of the stuff I learned includes ocean acidification and an experiment on sea level and how it will rise over the years, and what lives in the region and in rocky tidal zones. But, I feel like the best part of the trip was being even closer to my peers. I felt included and loved.

We did an experiment on how sea level will change and how it will affect the local ecosystems. Dr. Dasch Houdeshel brought lasers to show where zero is. We placed the laser and took pictures of where exactly it was. Then, we observed the area, showing what creatures were living there. We hope for next year’s students to repeat the experiment and compare and contrast with this year’s data.

This experiment was important for us because rising sea levels will change ecosystems. Not only will this have a big impact on us, but the creatures in local climates. We won’t exactly know how it will affect it, but it’s something we should study. To see if Climate change has an effect on all levels, not just humans.