Over 30 students attend Teton Science School

Toni Bullough

Art teacher Aundraya Sabotka and senior Tatum Trentman take a break from snowshoeing at Teton Science School. Thirty-four students and chaperones attended classes from March 8-10.

Toni Bullough, staff

From March 8-11, a variety of Judge students were given the opportunity to partake in a field trip to the Teton Science School. Forty people went, four of them being Judge faculty (Dr. Dasch, Mrs. Aundraya Sabodka, Mr. James Cordova, and Mrs. Adia Waldburger). They were joined by two parent chaperones, Kari Hankins, and Kelly Kelso.

On Wednesday, the crew drove up in a snowstorm. Thursday, we visited the elk refuge and the National Museum of Wildlife Art, as well as a night walk. Friday consisted of another snowstorm, as well as cross-country skiing and the option to choose your own adventure in the afternoon (cross-country skiing , snowshoeing, or art in the main lodge). Saturday, we cleaned the lodges and made our way back to Judge.

What was the most significant part of each activity from each day?

Each activity taught us something new and significant about wildlife. They helped us get in touch with the world around us, and learn about the animals and their habitats. We also

What did you learn about bunking with your peers in the cabins?

I got the opportunity to learn more about those around me, and get closer to them over the course of the trip. Bunking with a bunch of girls is a hassle, but it teaches you a level of patience that can be useful anywhere.

How was the week with no phones?

Going without phones for 3 days can be difficult for many, myself included. Though it was hard, it made the experience more exciting and enjoyable. It forced us to step away from our screens and to connect with the people and nature around us.