The Student News Site of Judge Memorial Catholic High School

Bulldog Press

Bulldog Press

Bulldog Press

Recent Results
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
1
Manti
2
May 4 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
6
Delta
0
May 1 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
7
Providence Hall
0
Apr 23 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
8
Summit Academy
0
Apr 19 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
2
Juan Diego
1
Apr 16 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
1
Providence Hall
0
Apr 12 / Boys Soccer
Instagram
X
https://twitter.com/thebulldogpress

Is Spider-man: Across the Spider-verse the Best Animated Movie of 2023?

After the extreme success that was Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse back in 2018, we were long overdue for another movie in this iteration of our classic hero, and Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse delivered in every way possible. Across the Spiderverse came out June 2, 2023, and made $690 million at the box office worldwide. It has 95% on rotten tomatoes and 8.7/10 on IMDB. This movie knocked it out of the park, my expectations were high after hearing all the raves about this movie and it still skyrocketed past my ideas.

A Scene from Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse

The art style alone makes this movie visually amazing and with the well-told story and perfect voice acting the whole movie is a masterpiece. My favorite aspect of this movie had to be the pop art style, each character and world was drawn in a different way which by itself is sensational but as the characters meet and combine it causes a stunning blend of styles.

One of the characters, Hobie Brown a.k.a. Spider-Punk, voiced by Daniel Kaluuya, was drawn in one of the most unique art styles, a “homemade” punk poster style, which fits his character perfectly as he was a British punk rocker. Another great example was Pavitr Prabhakar, voiced by Karan Soni, an Indian Spiderman who protects “Mumbatan” a fictional dimension that was a cross of Mumbai and Manhattan, and this world was incredible to see, it was full of bright colors and had a great mix of Indian architecture and the Manhattan cityscape.

The animation could carry the film alone but the storyline was amazing too, and kept me very captivated as I watched, it kept me on my toes while not being too confusing. The characters were very well written and we gained a lot more insight into some characters that we didn’t get in the first movie and it made me appreciate the story all the more.

The voice actors were perfect, with actors like Shameik Moore, Hailee Steinfeld, and Jake Johnson reprising their roles as some of the main characters. We also got a ton of new voice actors and some of the standouts were Oscar Isaac, Jason Schwartzman, and Daniel Kaluuya, who all did a marvelous job bringing memorable voices to their incredibly unique characters.

Overall I thought this movie was very good, and I can’t wait to watch the sequel “Spider-man: Beyond the Spider-verse” coming in 2024.