The Student News Site of Judge Memorial Catholic High School

Bulldog Press

Bulldog Press

Bulldog Press

Recent Results
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
1
Manti
2
May 4 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
6
Delta
0
May 1 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
7
Providence Hall
0
Apr 23 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
8
Summit Academy
0
Apr 19 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
2
Juan Diego
1
Apr 16 / Boys Soccer
Judge Memorial Catholic High School
1
Providence Hall
0
Apr 12 / Boys Soccer
Instagram
X
https://twitter.com/thebulldogpress

Another successful team camp for Judge boys lax

Nick Barber
During their recent trip to California, the team gathers around senior captain Jack Wood.

Every year, Judge Boys Lacrosse spends a weekend together as a team practicing and developing at team camp before the season begins. This year the team continued the tradition, spending Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of the second week in February in Saint George to put in the work before the start of the season. 

After arriving at the team hotel late Thursday night, the team went to Dixie High School for a two-hour practice focusing on fundamentals like shooting, passing, and ground balls. This was especially crucial for the newer players, who were able to begin learning the basics of lacrosse. 

On day two of team camp, the team arrived at a local field early in the morning following breakfast at the hotel. They spent the morning going through stations to get the opportunity to hone their skills with each coach. Some of the drills they went through included numbers, a drill where the players are divided into two teams and a coach calls a random number of players to compete and try to score from each team, and 3v2 ground balls in which two teams are competing to pick up a ground ball but one of the teams has an extra man. After a lunch break at the field, they resumed practice for the rest of the afternoon. That night, the team returned to Dixie High School for a scrimmage. 

On the last day of camp, the team had a morning scrimmage against Snow Canyon High School. This was a great chance to implement the skills they had been working on, and while this was the first real competition of the season and didn’t showcase Judge Lacrosse at its full potential, it showed how much the team had grown and bonded over the course of camp this year.

Overall, team camp was a huge success this year. The team bonded together, overcame adversity, and learned valuable skills that will be put to good use for the entire season.